December 7, 2010

Obedience.

A couple months ago I found out that a guy I grew up with (his name was Troy) was killed. I was at my friend's house, and I read Troy's sister's status, which said that something about how sad she was because her brother was gone. I started tearing up. I began looking at other people's statuses, and realized that Troy was killed. I didn't know for a couple days how he was killed, though. I kept googling his name to try and find some sort of newspaper article or SOMETHING that explained what happened. A couple days later, I found an article that said that he was stabbed to death one night. I knew Troy ran with the wrong crowd, and just reading that he was stabbed felt like I had a knife go through my heart.
The night that I found out, I messaged Troy's sisters, just to say that I was thinking of them and that I was praying for them. I didn't hear anything for over a month, but just a couple weeks ago, one of them got in touch with me and thanked me for my message.
Since the day that I found out, I wanted to message Troy's mom, but I didn't know what to say. A couple times I felt God saying "Just send her a message. Even if it's just a couple words. Send it!" But.... I never did... until this afternoon.
I felt like I just needed to sit down and type a message. As I began, the words just started flowing. It turned out to be MUCH longer than I was expecting! I just wrote what came to my mind, and I shared the lyrics of a song I felt I needed to share.
I quickly got a reply back, and I was just amazed at God's timing! She said that I sent the message at the perfect time. She said that she was falling apart, and she needed to be reminded of God's love, and know that someone was there. She then said that she was just sitting at her computer, thinking of deleting many of Troy's friends because of their vulgar language and the profanity that is on their pages, but then she got my message, and she was amazed at how a young adult is reminding her of God's power, and His never ending love.

I am just SO amazed at God's timing, and my obedience to following His call! I keep thinking that, yes, I could have sent a message earlier, and maybe I should of just to let her know that I was thinking and praying for her family, but I sent it just today, and today is a day that she needed the reminder of God's love. Maybe she just needed that reminder today to get her through another day. But I am so thankful for my listening ears and obedience.

I encourage each of you to pray for this family! They really need it, especially during this Christmas season... this is the first "big" holiday without Troy.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love your beautiful heart. Thank you for encouraging Troy's mom in this way. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Erica said...

My dear lady, this blog is begging for an update!
<3