October 14, 2011

Art Crawl

I told a friend about a week ago that I would take photos of her art in case it sold at the Art Crawl that was on today. I ended up working until 6, and then told her I would be there by 7:30.
When I got off work, I didn't want to do anything or go anywhere! Sitting in front of the tv with the feet up was ALL I wanted to do! But... I went anyways, like I promised I would!

And I was NOT let down!

My church had some pieces in the Art Crawl. It was a great experience to be there and see all the people coming in and seeing the work of a handful of talented individuals from the church! It was a great experience to just spend time with friends, and chat, and see the talent that the church has!

After spending a couple hours there, I got in my car, turned on CBC Radio, and drove around downtown. I felt so inspired! I wanted to just park and walk around, but I figured that might not be the safest thing to do at 10 o'clock at night. So I continued to just drive. I made it to the Mountain Brow and decided to take pictures of the skyline at night.
I felt filled and rejuvenated!

Something just sparked in me tonight, yet again!
...I think it all started after a couple of us were chatting with one of the artist's, and she said something to the affect of,"When you do art on your own agenda, it takes a long time, but when you allow God to work through you, it is finished quickly."
That struck a cord in me.
I have a painting sitting on my easel, that I have been working on for almost a year. And why? Because I have been doing it on my own agenda! But then I look at some pieces of a series I did a couple months ago, and I completed a couple of them within a couple hours. And that was because I was focused on God!


The view from the window

No comments: