October 8, 2011

...it's almost like it never happened....

What a week! Thanksgiving Saturday at Bennett's is the BUSIEST of the year! The week before is tiring and draining, and then Friday and Saturday come.... and it's over. For another 364 days!
I was thinking today how you work SO hard on something for days, weeks, months, or years, and then one day it's all over! So much work went into the past week at Bennett's, and now it's all over!
Despite the craziness, sore feet, and exhaustion, I am thankful to work at Bennett's! Like any job, it has it's moments when I would much rather be somewhere else, but overall I am thankful that I have a job. I've made some great friendships there, and they are what make work enjoyable!

I watched Fireproof today, and forgot how much I like it. A couple songs caught my attention, and I had to download them :)
"While I'm Waiting" by John Waller is a song about being obedient to God and following Him even in times of trial, and when it seems that God has left you alone. A couple lines I love from it are,
"I will move ahead, bold and confident;
Taking every step in obedience.
While I'm waiting, I will serve you.
While I'm waiting I will worship.
While I'm waiting I will not faint.
I'll be running the race, even while I wait"
No matter what I am going through, I strive to keep my eyes on Jesus!! I strive to worship him, even if I don't feel like it, or I feel like I have been abandoned, because it is after that time of solitude that amazing things will begin to happen!

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner with my whole family tomorrow. I'm planning on bringing my camera and tripod, and getting a family picture :)
For Christmas, I'm making my Nanny either a quilt or pillow cases (haven't decided yet) with pictures all over it, and right at the center is going to be the most recent family photo :) I had a hard time deciding what to make Nanny for Christmas, and my mom suggested a quilt of photos. And so, over the next few months, I have my work cut out for me :) Although... my mom is going to be helping me put it together, because I have no idea what I'm doing :P haha!

"You're my daughter, you're my son;
You're the one I long to love.
And you've heard I chose to die;
Do you know you're the reason why?"
"You Belong to Me" - Grey Holiday
And this is what I'm thankful for.

No comments: